PART-TIME EXPERIENCED BAKER
We are looking for a part-time experienced baker to join our BakeHouse family!
Those of you that have followed our journey, know that this is a massive step for us. With Jem & Andy being the main bakers since we opened, and years before that, it's time we gave our mixing arms a bit of a rest and found a new team mate to take the pressure off!
We pride ourselves on the fact that all of our bakes, both sweet and savoury, are prepared right here on the premises, with the smell of freshly baked brownies lingering in the air from morning 'till night! Our little cake cafe continues to go from strength to strength and it is time for us to expand our kitchen team and put our lovingly created recipes in new yet experienced hands.
The right person will be passionate about baking, will have an understanding of flavours, high standards and have a strong eye for detail. They will be trusted to prepare and bake recipes that we have created and perfected over many years and they will need to be respectful of our ethos and style of baking, yet we welcome their own creative flair to compliment our menu.
We are a family run business with a small team, and we would need someone who can comfortably fit in with the dynamics of our working day. Work will predominantly be done outside of opening hours, once training is complete, and this will be either alongside another team member or alone. Hours will be part-time, spread over mid-week days, and will be a minimum of 16 hours per week, with a view to this increasing when the time is right. After some time working alongside Andy & Jem, we are looking for someone that can either work early mornings or evenings, so that a large portion of our baking is completed outside of our opening hours. Depending on the level of baking that needs to be completed (aka how much cake is eaten!) hours may differ from week to week, so some flexibility is key. Extra hours may be required during busy periods such as school holidays and Christmas for example, with the chance of the odd weekend baking session too!
We will run trial shifts before formally offering the job, and the contract will start with a three month trial period. We want to make sure it is the right fit all round.
Please email us at email@example.com if you'd like to apply, telling us a bit about yourself and a C.V or details of your experience.
We look forward to chatting to you soon!
Duties to include...
- Preparing and baking BakeHouse recipes to a high standard, ready for sale in our cake cafe.
- Keeping our commercial kitchen clean and organised. Daily cleaning duties including washing up, keeping counters and shelves clean and tidy, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning equipment.
- A basic knowledge of food hygiene in a commercial setting is essential, including allergens and safe practices. A level 2 food hygiene certificate would be preferable, but can be arranged.
- Working alongside Jem & Andy (aka the owners!) to perfect recipes and maintain a strong and varied menu.
- Will eventually involve working alone so will be entrusted to close down the kitchen and lock up the premises.